Recent Posts

mandag, februar 22, 2010

Inspiration monday :)

Hi my friends, and happy monday :)

It's still freezing cold here in Oslo. The kids won't even go outside playing today...it's just too
cold....
but I'm here by my computer, ready for a new Inspiration monday, I wear my warm woolen pullover, and keep the fire going, so everything is good.
And today my face and my heart is smiling a extra large smile, while I welcome the readers of Scrapbooking.com magazine too.

I'm SO happy and honored my blog has been featured in this weeks Scrapbooking.com newsletter.
Thank you!!



So on to this weeks inspiration Monday.
I've been really inspired by grid-pattern lately. This is a great way to add lots of photos and keep the LO fresh and clean.
I also wanted to add alot of journaling on this LO, and decided to make a hidden journaling.
The grid allows me to put all the photos on the outside of a folded "card", and add the journaling on the inside.
This LO is a hybrid project.
I used this grid-pattern and added photos, digital elements and digital patterned paper before I printed it out on photo paper.
You can download the grid if you like and use it as your guide when you make your grid-inspired LO.
This grid template is not a layered template,
I resize my photos, use the squares as a guideline and add my photos on thop of the grey squares.
In Photoshop, resize the photos you want to use, and drag and drop them on to the template.


Put the photos in the order you like to have them, and add digital patterned paper to the squares without any photos.
I've used patterned paper by Kerry Lynn and Veronica Ponce.


I added some free digital word art by Ali Edvards and Veronica Ponce ( free 2Peas kit ) on top of my grid.
This is one of the things I love the most about hybrid scrapbooking - my freedom to add text, words and digital elements on top of my photos without any hassle and mess.
Now, my grid-LO is ready.
I printed it out on photo paper and cut it in shape.
Now on to the paper - "traditional" - part of this LO.

This is what you'll need:
-the photo/hybrid grid-picture printed out. Mine is apx 6 1/2 inch x 6 1/2 inch (16 x 16 cm)
-background paper, I've used "frosted" patterned paper by Fancy Pants
-red cardstock (or the color you prefer for your matting / hidden journaling-card.
-white cardstock for printing your journaling
-stickers embellishments. I have used stickers from "Cosmo Cricket "Jolly by Golly"
-stickers alpha. Thickers by American crafts "rainboots"
-doublesided tape
-stamps. mine is "let it snow" by my Stamp BOX
- light color stamp pad


Start with writing your journaling ( I use word) and print it out to fit on the inside / back of your photos.
I printed mine out to be the same square size as the picture-block.
Cut the cardstock in size.

To add some more intrest to the journaling I stamped some snowflakes around the edges and on the top of the journaling with a light blue color using my "let it snow" stamp-set by my Stamp BOX.

Now I cut my red cardstock in size.
I wanted the cardstock to be folded as a card to hide my journaling-box.
I cut the cardstock to be 17 cm high and 34 cm wide, and folded it, so each side of the card is 17 cm X 17 cm (you make the size that best fits your picture-block.)

Now I added the pictures to the outside of the card and the journaling-block to the inside of the red, folded card.
I placed the block on to the background paper and used my doublesided tape to adhere the photo-journaling-"card" to the background.


I added some little stickers-embellishments on top of my picture-block and on the patterned paper.
I added the title on top of my pictures too.



Here is the journaling-block inside the folded card.
The LO is ready!
Hope you feel inspired to add some more journaling - some hidden journaling and lots of photos to your LO.
And please link me up if you make a LO inspired by this inspiration monday.
I would LOVE to see what you all create.
Have a happy week!
and THANKS a billion for popping by!
xo
gudrun

14 kommentarer:

Vibeke sa...

Du er bare så kreativ!! Takk for flotte tips - og masse inspirasjon:)

somebody who needs to love herself sa...

thanks so much for sharing. this is such a great tip. I always wondered how its done

Julie Tucker-Wolek sa...

u are soooooooooo inspiring gudrun!!!! i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

T:o)ve sa...

Ja her er det vinterstemning i hver en krok min venn :)
Gleder meg til et par dager fri i slutten av uka jeg også ;)
Kommer forresten til Oslo i april!!!! Da blir det konsert i bursdagsgave til gubbelure *glis*
Ha en videre strålende vinterferie snuppa!
KLEMMER til dere alle!

mettepip sa...

Så stilig Gudrun! Du er så flink til å sette sammen mange små bilder, og ikke minst slike "hverdagsbilder" som forteller en historie. Det blir jo veldig morsomt å titte tilbake på.
klem fra
Mette

Denise sa...

thanks for sharing this Gudrun! I love that little snowman in the corner. stay warm!

Sasha Farina sa...

beautiful. thank you girlfriend!

alexandra s.m. sa...

Great explanation! and I'm a big fan of the hidden journaling!

xox

Anonym sa...
Denne kommentaren har blitt fjernet av en bloggadministrator.
Anonym sa...
Denne kommentaren har blitt fjernet av en bloggadministrator.
Wenche sa...

Kjempestilig hvordan du blander digital sammen med "vanlig" scrapping. Hybrid gir så mange muligheter.

Anonym sa...

Genial brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

Anonym sa...

It is interesting. You will not prompt to me, where I can find more information on this question?

Anonym sa...

I have thought and have removed the message