Recent Posts

lørdag, februar 13, 2010

Valentine inspiration :)

Hi my friends.
Finally I'm ready for some valentine inspiration this week.
The flu still bugs me, but I've been out today bought some sweets for my love, and I made this little mini album earlier this week.
Hope you'll get some inspiration :)
My Darling isn't much of a pink-lover. He would rather die than holding some pink stuff in his hands.... So well...I saved my pink cardstock for someone else....LOL
And instead I folded this fun little mini-album (card) for him to put on his desk...or maybe on the piano..... or in his pocket....LOL
For this project you'll need:
3 pieces of 6X6 inch (15 X 15 cm) white or neutral cardstock
2 pieces of dark brown cardstock aprx 3x3 inch or 7 X 7 cm
Pieces of patterned paper (GREAT way to use your leftover scraps)
4 photos 7 x7 cm
piece of ribbon
something to embellish the front ( I have cut the birds out of some Basic Grey patterned paper)
doublesided tape




- fold your pieces of cardstock in half and in half and in triangle. Open, and you'll get these scores: Lenghtwise, horizontal and from left to right corner.

-do the same to all the three pieces of cardstock, and glue them all together like on the picture above. :)

Crop your 4 photos in size to fit in the squares. Mine are 7 x 7 cm.
Add the photos to the open squares.


Cut pieces of patterned paper to fit in all the other open spaces of the album.
I was inspires by the colors in my photos....by patchwork.... and I wanted the colors to be all different....

Add the pieces of patterned paper to your album.

Cut two pieces of dark brown cardstock 7 x 7 cm and cut out the pattern you want to use as an embellishmenmt on the front of your album.

add a piece of doublesided tape to the front cover of your album. Add the ribbon that will bind the album together.
Add the brown square that will be the front cover on top of the ribbon, and add the back cover on the back side of your album.
It will now look like this from the back side. (the inside of the album facing away from you)
The album is basically finished now.
Add text or embellishments of your desire.
Have fun creating!!!




And please, leave me a link if you play along and make this minialbum too. I would LOVE to see your project!!
Hugs and kisses!
And
not to forget:
We are celebrating Mothers day here in Norway this sunday too - so we have three days the same day:
Valentine
Mothers day
and
fastelaven
:)
:)
Have a wonderful weekend.
xo




10 kommentarer:

Patty O'Malley sa...

Love this project! What a clever idea! Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day, Valentine's Day and fastelaven!

Julie Tucker-Wolek sa...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is amazing gudrun!!!!! hope u feel better and have a wonderful valentines day and mothers day! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

hanne sa...

Utrolig skjønt lite album! Nydelig! Ha en flott søndagsfeiring med morsdag, Valentine og Fastelavn! Takk for at du inspirerer.

Anonym sa...

it's too cute...Biz
angélique

alexandra s.m. sa...

Oh I love this!!!! I've been wanting to do one of these for a long time and yours is DARLING! I want to make one right now! I'm preparing a post for Monday using the inside of envelopes and this project would be so cool...anyway, thank you for the inspiration, you're full of wonderful ideas even when you're not feeling well and I love that <3

Happy Mother's Day
Happy Valentine's Day
Happy Fastelaven
Happy Chinese New Year

xox

mettepip sa...

Nammen, helle dussen så søtt album da Gudrun. De pippippene var jo utrolig skjønne. Artig lite album også - takk for inspirasjon!
Ha en flott Valentine, morsdag og fastelaven i morgen!
klem fra
Mette

Anne Cathrine sa...

Det var et utrolig flott album. Likte fargen veldig godt. Ha en fin søndag. Klem

Anonym sa...

WOW, jeg fatter ikke hvordan du kommer på alle måtene å brette og lage ting av jeg. Er SÅÅÅ utrolig dårlig å tenke 3D jeg.....

Tenker han ble kjempeglad for dette NYDELIGE brettealbumet!

Ha en fiin uke!!

LRH sa...

WOW! I can't wait to try this! Great idea!!

Becca sa...

So cute. I am making one today for my daughter. She is having her third baby soon and I am leaving one square blank to put the new family members picture in. Thank you for the great inspiration.